1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

America 2012

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by misslbradley, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Had an interview last week for a job in America... bit disappointed with myself and I don't think I did my best :(
    Has anyone been contacted yet and offered a position?
    It's with a well known company...

2. loranp

loranp New commenter

I went for my interview last Weds, was told we'd hear 'hopefully next week' so could be any time

3. That's the same info I had... though having looked at posts from previous years it seems that the process has been slowed down due to waiting for references and with it being half term this week there may be a delay...?
    Good luck to you :)

4. loranp

loranp New commenter

Thanks, you too! I'm happy with how my interview went and I know my references are good, I just worry that my (relative) youth and 'inexperience' will count as a negative.

5. I went through the process with these schools... it was a long drawn out process and I was sure I didn't get a position but was contacted much later (a couple of months later) to be told another position had come up and was I interested. I am now working in the US and am very happy! So think positive and keep smiling... don't hold your breath though as it'll probably take a while to hear!

6. was told I would hear 'by the end of the month' - anyone else given that information? thanks

7. Can someone PM me the name of this company, please?

8. I was told early this week but, as I mentioned in a previous post, having checked out posts from this time last year and the year before, it would seem that there has always been somewhat of a delay due to getting references.
    I just hate the suspense! Want this job more than anything right now, have been waiting since October for jobs to be advertised and checking their webiste daily since January... trying to stay positive though... if it's meant to be it will happen, if not then roll on NZ for 2013 :)

9. were you going for secondary?