1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

amber teething necklace

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by lucchese, May 17, 2011.

1. lucchese

lucchese New commenter

Hi all
    We have had a horrific few days with LO (15 months) whinging and screaming all day, even when held, or out in the car or buggy (completely out of character) plus very unsettled sleeping at night which culminated in last night's fiasco when he only slept three hours. It must be teething, because I can't find anything else wrong with him and am taking him to the doctor's to double check this afternoon. He has his 4th molar coming through and it looks like a canine too. I have given him calpol and nurofen (no effect), teething gel, powder, drops you name it. He is slightly off his food and definitely off his milk, and constipated a bit too. I gave him a baby massage last night to loosen him up, no effect again. He just won't calm down, is extremely overtired and jumps in his (light) sleep and wakes to the slightest noise like a text message arriving in another room. Has anyone had any success with amber teething necklaces? Thought I might as well give one a go. At my wits' end.
    Thanks
    Lucchese

2. Molars and canines are the worse. Have you tried anbesol liquid rather than the teething gels. Quite cheap over the counter at chemist. Lasts much longer than normal teething gels that rub off in an instant... we did have an amber necklace when Iso was tiny but stopped using it, it did work, but found Anbesol liquid and husband prefered that rather than the necklace...

Hope it does't last too much longer. It comes in waves of three days...

3. lucchese

lucchese New commenter

Yes I do have anbesol, have just hunted it out so will try that next. In any case have ordered the necklace to see if that works, and will use it for baby 2 from the start :) Today is the 4th day...

4. lucchese

lucchese New commenter

Ok, someone else I know say they keep it on 24/7 too so I will give it a try, let's hope LO doesn't try and pull it off as he's 15 months now.

5. we kept ours on 24/7 (apart from swimming but we had a wood one not the amber one). Worked really well for him and am thinking about getting another one for his back teeth which will no doubt be on their way!

6. lucchese

lucchese New commenter

What's a wood necklacel like baileysgal?
    Just wanted to say that the necklace arrived on Friday and we have had 3 nights of proper sleep (just a coincidence or proof that it works?). Whatever the truth is, I'm not taking the necklace off to find out!

7. Where from?! I've heard they're a bit like golddust at the mo. I have a few packets ready for really grizzly days (today was almost one of them!)

8. Cheers for that!

9. lucchese

lucchese New commenter

If you can't get hold of a&p powders, boots own brand have the same ingredient and also nelson's teetha, all based on the homeopathic chamomile.

10. Our local Boots has suddenly restocked with loads of a&p powders so maybe it is back in production?
    How's it going with the amber necklaces?

11. Hi Lucchese,
    My little ones wear amber teething necklaces from http://www.wildsheep.co.uk for teething pain. They have been wearing them for a few months now and I can say that they are visibly more relaxed and less irritable, also back to their normal sleeping patterns. They seem to be working for them, so all I can say is that they are definetely worth a try.
    I used a coupon code when I bought them, WEERAS12345. Not sure if it's still valid though.
    Best Wishes,
    Luci.

12. Didn't work at all for us. Had it on for start of June, a tooth came through and it was terrible- the worst she has ever had (number 6), but annoyingly- she kept pulling the necklace really hard and rubbed sores in her neck- looked nasty and painful
    On the bright side, necklace no longer on, the the last tooth just crept in.No pain- it just appeared.. I know if she had been wearing the necklace I would have assumed it was that. They are worth a try, I have mine somewhere if anyone wants it!