1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Amazon Problems

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sel_chick, Dec 21, 2011.

1. My o/h ordered some stuff from amazon (I assume at least a few days ago) after getting an email telling him to 'order today to guarantee delivery before Christmas' and has had an email today telling him it wont get here on time.
    Everything was apparently in stock when he ordered and he wasn't told of any problems at the time.
    He's phoned them to be told there's nothing they can do, and they can't even refund the delivery charge as it was free shipping.
    He's furious, and keeps apologising to me as the gifts were for me (I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't actually care, I don't need them wrapped nicely and given to me on a particular day, I can wait!).
    Just wondered if this is a one off, or if anyone else has experienced the same?

2. My o/h ordered some stuff from amazon (I assume at least a few days ago) after getting an email telling him to 'order today to guarantee delivery before Christmas' and has had an email today telling him it wont get here on time.
    Everything was apparently in stock when he ordered and he wasn't told of any problems at the time.
    He's phoned them to be told there's nothing they can do, and they can't even refund the delivery charge as it was free shipping.
    He's furious, and keeps apologising to me as the gifts were for me (I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't actually care, I don't need them wrapped nicely and given to me on a particular day, I can wait!).
    Just wondered if this is a one off, or if anyone else has experienced the same?

3. This happened to me last year and they still arrived on time. Hopefully the same will happen to you!

4. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Tuts and rolls eyes in sympathy.
    I was hoping it was going to be about difficulties in dealing with large single breasted women though.

5. Assuming that he ordered from amazon themselves and not an amazon seller (based on the free delivery) that's not a problem I've had yet, and I order a lot of stuff from them. If it was an amazon seller, they range from brilliant to absolutely useless.

6. That's good to know airy!
    I just hope he doesn't do what he did last year and go out and buy me a similar thing to make up for the fact that what he had got me hadn't turned up...mind you, it did mean that I got 2 pairs of Ugg boots instead of one, (the ordered pair turned up on christmas eve - 3 hours after he bought me the replacement pair!).
    He's an idiot, but a sweetheart at the same time!

7. mangle, I don't know why, but I expected more of you! :p

Totally agree! I think it was amazon themselves...but nothing would surprise me!

8. All their package tracking information has disappeared just now too. I think their system is a bit overloaded and they send out warnings just in case there's a problem. I ordered three things yesterday - one arrived this morning before I'd even had the "your order has despatched" email!

9. A coupl of things which I ordered separately, on different days, arrived in the same package, which I found a but strange :s
    In fact one of the things I ordered was very small, and I wasn't expecting it to come with the item it came with - I would have thrown it out, if the dog hadn't made off with the empty package, and inadvertently shaken it out. My daughter, who it was actually for, found it on the stairs :(

10. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I've found Amazon customer service really good, to be fair. However don't get me started on Yodel, one of their 'delivery' companies!

11. Having had to use their returns service I complained....
    ... there is no button I can click to thank them for being so very efficient and nice!
    I use them a lot, living this rurally makes them a godsend, and have never had a problem with them... but yes their tracking has died, but it is not their fault, they link to that of the delivery company.... now THEM I do have problems with!

12. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I heard there was an infestation in Cleckheaton but it turned out to be the Huddersfield Ladies Archery Club on a night out. The photos were scary.
    This woman was over seven feet tall.
    [​IMG]

13. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

Bizarrely this year, I clicked on the free delivery, expecting 5 days delivery - it arrived via 1st class delivery!