1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Amazon customer service

Discussion in 'Personal' started by bedingfield, Dec 7, 2015.

1. bedingfield

bedingfield New commenter

I don't usually have trouble with Amazon deliveries, but this week one of my orders now has a delivery status as "lost". I've emailed customer services and their response is below. Can anyone decipher what it means? I could have a field day with a red pen if I was marking this.

Dear Customer

Thanks for writing us. Firstly accept my warmth greeting's.

I'm Jiya . I've picked up your mail today. Please be assured that you'll be provided with the best possible service.

I’m sorry to hear that you still haven’t received your order #

I understand, of course, that this is more than annoying for you and would like to apologize for the inconvenience formally.

We always want to offer an excellent delivery service, which of course also means that our shipments safely and easily reach you. We apologize that we failed to meet your expectations in this case.

I have also forwarded a copy of your email to the appropriate colleagues. Through your suggestions, we know what you want and can also expand and improve supply and service as ever.

Since the transport service on weekends can not reach, so I contacted and asked to deliver the items urgently by e-mail.

To quickly possible to provide you with the products, I've just put on our transport service in connection and obtain the information that your shipment will be delivered as soon as possible. There was an error in stock, therefore belatedly your delivery. Please excuse the delay!

Should be the case that you have not received your shipment until 8 December 2015 please contact us via the link below.

Do we have hitherto no further information on the whereabouts of your shipment, we will promptly arrange for a replacement delivery or a refund.

For the delay, I ask you once again to apologize.

I very much hope that you will not once again have to make us such an experience and that we can convince you of our service rather future. Satisfied customers are very important to us and we make every effort to ensure that you belong to it.

Did I solve your problem?

Warmest regards,

Jiya

Amazon.co.uk
    Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

She means 'Sorry. It'll be there soon. Let me know if it's not there by the 8th.'

3. bedingfield

bedingfield New commenter

Which is the answer I'm looking for without all the flowery stuff that goes with it.

It was a funny read. Especially the sentence asking me to apologise for their error.

midnight_angel likes this.
  4. ulambasalu

ulambasalu Occasional commenter

I've never had problems with them. I have always had refunds or replacements - same with ebay

5. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Star commenter

The bit that made me giggle enough to wake up Mr Grumble was the bit about delivering the items urgently by email.

midnight_angel and RedQuilt like this.
  6. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

They've always been brilliant - replaced the items the next day when the status said 'delivered', even though I hadn't got the goods. A neighbour had them but didn't bring them round for days! I sent the duplicates back.
    If you request a phone call, they ring within minutes. I think customer service people are non-native speakers of English. I always give them great feedback because I read somewhere that they're under a lot of pressure observation- wise. Like teachers.

7. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Always excellent service, except when they sent me that Jethro Tull album by mistake...

8. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Try putting it through Google translate.