1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Amazon again

Discussion in 'Personal' started by shalteir, Nov 10, 2011.

1. I make a number of purchases from the above company, usually everything is fine, but on three batches of occasions, somehow my orders have been duplicated and I have been sent two copies of the request for one, coming by separate post, and each charged to my account. This week it has happened twice, and if I hadn't checked my bank account, I wouldn't have realised I have been charged twice, for each of the items. Normally Amazon are good about replacing or refunding items, but this time when I went through the returns procedure, I could not request a refund (or replacement) because "it was Amazon's fault". Great. Just wondered if others have received duplicated orders too.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

They had the same problem last year - I was given the duplicate kindle that my friend received when he placed an order for one. He didn't get himself organised enough to send it back so he gave it to me in an act of mad generosity. Whilst that doesn't help you it confirms that it has happened to others too.

3. We had a deep fat fryer randomly delivered (via a neighbour is how the delivery was accepted). We weren't charged for it though - it was a mess up by the delivery company. I sympathise though we had a bit of a game getting it collected again probably we could just have put it on ebay but I am very law abiding. Returns are kind of set up for things that have been ordered.

4. Today I have recieved my order and also another parcel containing a shaver - the address on the box was mine, address on the invoice was someone else!!

5. I will be getting a refund, but it is annoying.

6. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

They send me the wrong pair of shoes twice but overall I find their customer service excellent x

7. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

I once sent my son's DSi back after a few months when it stopped working.
    It was a nightmare to find the address to contact and I only found it after googling and reading a thread which loads of other confused people where asking the same question.
    However, once I had the contact address they were good and sent me a new replacement no questions asked and I sent the old one back.
    I have had only good experiences buying stuff until the other day.
    My daughter collects Sonic the hedgehog stuff and we order the Sonic generations collectors edition for her xmas pressie at 75.00 (RRP99)
    About a week later I was told it was delayed.
    Another week later that the order was cancelled as there were no supplies.
    The same thing is now being sold on amazon for an unbelievable rip off price of £295 and people are doing the same thing on ebay as it is a limited edition (of 12000)
    Seems a bit dodgy to me.