1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

amazing yr 1 poetry lesson..... I need one!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by silverwood, May 8, 2008.

1. TRY KIT WRIGHT'S POEM THE MAGIC BOX- IF YOU TYPE IN TITLE YOU SHOULD GET THIS.
    I DID THIS WITH YEAR 1 AND TOOK IN MY OWN BOX WITH SPECIAL THINGS- A SHELL FROM A GOLDEN BEACH WHERE THE SEA COMES SWISHING IN ETC.
    ASK CHILDREN TO COME UP WITH DESCRIPTIONS FOR YOUR OBJECTS AND THEN DECIDE WHAT THEY WOULD PUT IN THEIR OWN BOXES- ONE CHILD WROTE-
    IN MY BOX I WILL PUT THE HUG THAT MY MUM GIVES ME BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP AND THE ORANGE SUNSET I SAW LAST NIGHT .....
    IF YOU CAN'T FIND THE POEM I HAVE A COPY IF YOU SEND ME YOUR E-MAIL

2. I taught a 50 min poetry lesson to year 1 as part of an assistant headship interview day. I got it! If you want I can email you plan and powerpoint to go with it and you could just tweak it? It's on pattern and rhyme and uses pirate song?

3. maiyagrace, I am popping out now but will check on here when I get home to see if you want to take me up on offer of poetry lesson. Leave your email if you do and I'll send it then post on here to say it's gone.

4. could I be really cheeky and ask you to e-mail me this as well ?- I have a "pirates " day planned for next half term and haven't been able to think of a poetry idea !!- this sounds great.
    e-mail is hsadams7@msn.com

5. No probs, will do it now.

6. Silverwood - you've got mail!

7. Silverwood - did you get my email?

8. Saints 79 - I am teaching poetry to year 1 during our inspection in June - would you be willing to share your lesson, I need all the ideas and help I can get.
    Hope this is not too cheeky.
    Thanks
    c.m.young@btinternet.com

9. No probs Fizzer, will mail it now. Let me know if you're observed what they say.

Got my AHT job on the strength of it but wouold love to know what the big O think of it x

10. could i be so cheeky as to ask for a copy too??? i have a year one class at the mo. cat_F_28@hotmail.com

thank you

11. You both have mail

12. Thanks saints - I love the power point. I'll let you know how things go. Only 6 weeks till the BIG day...!

13. Hi can i ask for a copy to please. I'm teaching poetry year 1 starting next week and i'm getting observed.

Thanks in advance

ebrohoon@gmail.com

14. Any chance I could get a copy too? Am in the middle of planning poetry for my year 1 class.
    Thanks
    loopylau84@hotmail.com

15. You both have mail.

I love how many people have taken me up on this offer, yet original poster has not!

Never mind, glad to help!

16. It really is a fab lesson.

Thank You :)

17. Oooh - blushing now. Isn't it sad that we have people on here to give compliments yet slog day in and day out for no or very little recognition most of the time?

I know that wont be the case for everyone but just how I feel so thanks Irish, you've made my evening!

18. Chiplet you have mail

19. I often have recieved fantastic things on here which benefit the children. I often share back as well.

Please could I have one to

adelaide_yarwood@talk21.com

Many thanks to you.