1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Amazing totally free new maths resources website for KS2

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by jgx, Sep 3, 2011.

1. jgx

jgx

Hi all,

Welcome back! Just a quick one. Have stumbled across this incredible new website full of maths resources for KS2.

Best of all, it's all free, there are no annoying dead links and no ads.

I've done some research and it's been set up by a retired Head of Maths who simply wanted to share all of his stuff.

Link is: http://www.mathswarriors.co.uk/

Regards,

JGX

2. jgx

jgx

Hi all,

Welcome back! Just a quick one. Have stumbled across this incredible new website full of maths resources for KS2.

Best of all, it's all free, there are no annoying dead links and no ads.

I've done some research and it's been set up by a retired Head of Maths who simply wanted to share all of his stuff.

Link is: http://www.mathswarriors.co.uk/

Regards,

JGX

3. DM

DM New commenter

Would you like an avatar jgx?
    [​IMG]
    Actually <strike>your site</strike> the site you stumbled across seems reasonably good.

4. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

OK, having choked back my cynicism-that the first post you should make is about a website you happen to have stumbled across-the site is actually a nice little one with some useful games and resources for KS2 and below. I quite like it[​IMG]

If it is your website, just say so!

5. jgx

jgx

Nope not my site (I'm a head of music, so can only count up to four and I leave all the scary Maths stuff to you guys!! ;-) ) nor am I spamming, I stumbled across it on a chum's Facebook page - just thought it would be useful (plus it seems to be totally free so I'd be the world's most stupid spammer to promote a free Maths website).

Anyway, happy counting - really was just trying to be helpful and apologies if I've caused any offence.

6. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

No offence caused!
    I think we just get rather cynical over the number of first time posters who suddenly appear having found something "useful" to promote. Apologies if I (we) came across as grumpy, we are not really!
    Please feel free to mention anything else you think we might find interestingl, I don't think any music sites I could recommend would be as useful[​IMG]

7. DM

DM New commenter

You haven't caused any offence jgx. We get a lot of spam advertisers who make a first post pretending to have accidentally stumbled across a wonderful site on here. More than happy to take your word for it that you are a genuine poster.

8. hello everyone,

i'm the creator of www.mathswarriors.co.uk and thanks all for your interest and kind words. i'm a retired head of maths and decided that i needed something to keep me out of mischief in my retirement and wanted to share some of the resources i'd made over the years.

ex-colleagues have said i should charge for the work but for me it's not about the income but more about the interest and if it becomes a raging success, and starts costing money in hosting etc then maybe i'll add a few 'premier items' to cover costs but, in the meantime, it's just a hobby.

please do email me at info@mathswarriors.co.uk if there's anything you'd like to see or more importantly if you spot any mistakes!

i hope i haven't broken any etiquette by posting this, as (the very kind 'jgx') said, it's all free so i'm not profiting out of this and hope you don't regard me as a 'spammer.

9. DM

DM New commenter

Welcome warrior. Love the avatar.