1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Amazing night - just want to show off....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by luvinit, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Hubby and I don't buy each other christmas presents - instead we take it in turns to take each other out in January (quality time together - no kids - no talk about work allowed). Tonight he took me to a restaurant that we've been meaning to try for years but never got round to it. It is a tiny place - only seats 18 and at first we were on own - all soppy and romantic...gradually the other tables filled up.
    Sat on the table next to us was ... Steven Fry - I did my goldfish impersonation for a while and resisted the temptation to leap over there and tell him all sorts of sad fan gushy stuff. We got on to talking about some of the artwork hubby has been exhibiting, when Steven came over and asked if he could join in the covnersation, because he loved some of the works we were discussing. After restarting my pacemaker, we had a great chat for about 40 mins when Ian Mclellan came in and joined us - we ended up in Sir Ian's flat drinking coffee.
    I am just well just WOW
    Absolutely blummin brilliant evening!

2. Hubby and I don't buy each other christmas presents - instead we take it in turns to take each other out in January (quality time together - no kids - no talk about work allowed). Tonight he took me to a restaurant that we've been meaning to try for years but never got round to it. It is a tiny place - only seats 18 and at first we were on own - all soppy and romantic...gradually the other tables filled up.
    Sat on the table next to us was ... Steven Fry - I did my goldfish impersonation for a while and resisted the temptation to leap over there and tell him all sorts of sad fan gushy stuff. We got on to talking about some of the artwork hubby has been exhibiting, when Steven came over and asked if he could join in the covnersation, because he loved some of the works we were discussing. After restarting my pacemaker, we had a great chat for about 40 mins when Ian Mclellan came in and joined us - we ended up in Sir Ian's flat drinking coffee.
    I am just well just WOW
    Absolutely blummin brilliant evening!

3. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Oooo I wanna be in your gang!

4. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Blimey! That rates as one good Christmas present!

5. I know know, not only did I get to talk to a genius but Gandalf made me coffee...

only problem is what the heck do I do for my turn lol

6. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Cracking! I saw Ian McKellan in Wigan a few months ago and I was chuffed to bits then, I think I would have fallen over if I'd been at his place for coffee!!! What a date, I'm so envious [​IMG] x

7. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

I didn't make no coffee, only tea, after all I'm an English man in new York

8. polly.glot

polly.glot New commenter

Wow! Sooo jealous!

9. lucylollipop

lucylollipop New commenter

Me too! .... But my OH says it would have been better if it had been David Moyes!!!! (sad)[​IMG]

10. rach1968

rach1968 New commenter

Aaaargh! So jealous! A friend of mine photographed Sir Ian a couple of weeks ago for a London newspaper - in the pub he co-owns. He even pulled him a pint! Lovely man apparently. Stephen Fry and Gandalf....what a fab evening.

11. I am so utterly jealous!

(That's all I can say!)

12. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Just amazing!
    OH and I had dinner in a restaurant a few years ago where David Dickinson was on opposite table. He didn't join us or invite us for coffee but did keep on staring at my t*ts.
    I'm not going to boast about that one!
    What an amazing evening for you..........well jell as they say!

13. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

What an awesome evening. I am very jealous.
    You are going to have an excellent few days telling everyone about it too [​IMG]

14. Wow!!!
    Green with envy here - mind you will the next meal out be an anti climax if you don't hobnob with the stars?

15. sparkleghirl

Ah, I didn't see Gandalf, I saw Macbeth, which made it an even bigger Wow.

16. Crystalsecrets

Crystalsecrets New commenter

Am i the only one who wants to know more? lol

What did you talk about? what was the coffee like? what was the flat like?

We need more details, so we can be even more jealous [​IMG]

17. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

My goodness I think I need to learn more about art! My knowledge of Rolf Harris and being able to guess his 'can you guess what it is yet?' is not going to attract the attention of celebs!

I am so utterly jealous as I absolutely love Gandalf!
    You aren't the only one! Tell us more.

18. sparkleghirl

Was it real coffee or instant?
    Did you notice what brand it was? (I'd hate him to disappoint like George Clooney with his Nescafe)

19. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

[​IMG]

OP, that's absolutely brilliant! I don't think I'd have been able to speak!

20. Goodness me.
    Has he tweeted about it?