1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Amazing ICT programmes to motivate students

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by apmcarthur, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I can't believe it's taken me until this year to learn about Scratch - The students absolutely love it and are so motivated by it.

Does anyone else have any suggestions of amazing programmes that really motivate students?

2. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Google sketchup and dance ejay are the ones that I se lots of our kids playing with in their free time at KS3. Although I suspect to see some rudimentary work with app inventor soon

If you want scratch resources I have some in the resource bank that appear o be well received they are on teach ICT too. Some good stuff at www.eastonhome.co.uk

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

MS Movie Maker gets them going provided you use small files (say 320 x 240 pixels) and you provide them with interesting clips in the first instance rather than insisting they film their own.

Also, for text and pics combined I try to encourage the use of MS Photostory rather than bloody Powerpoint.