1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Amanda Holden

Discussion in 'Personal' started by fantastischfish, Feb 6, 2011.

1. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

This thread was started by me....a 28 year old, unmarried woman with no children. I've never been pregnant and have little intention of ever being so.
    I think being HUMAN makes me empathise with Amanda and anyone whose lost a child.

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Absolutely.
    Interestingly there's an article in today's Daily Mail about stillbirth (obviously following on from Amanda Holden's experience), and it says ten times more babies sre stillborn than lost to cot death. Makes me shudder! Yet it is so taboo.

3. I think you would find an awful lot of us would - just as we care about those TES posters who have lost babies too.
    My responses to this thread were not because Amanda is a celebrity, but a woman who has lost her baby.
    It is something I can empathise with and my response would be the same, were we talking about a TES poster, your mum's cousin's husband's wife's neighbour, or a celebrity.

4. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

It's awful to hear about things like this happening, as a previous poster has said it must be horrendous for the mother to have to go through labour knowing her baby was already dead.

This news reminded me of one of the saddest moments I have ever seen on TV. A few years ago on ER Dr Carter's wife had to give birth to her dead baby, the way the actors portrayed what was happening was very well done and I sobbed and sobbed (even after the programme had finished). I know that situation isn't real and they were obviously acting but it really brought home how truly awful that situation must be.

5. I think if anyone posted about anyone they knew who had lost a baby it would be met with sadness. Reading a stranger on a different forum talk about the same loss brings me to tears everytime she posts.

Giving birth to a sleeping baby must be one of the most horrendous experiences in the world. I feel terrible for Amanda Holden, I feel just as bad for any woman who experiences this. 17 babies are stillborn everyday. It is just unimaginable and never really spoken of......... Amanda going through this, Lily Allan, Kim Marsh- we feel for them all... just as much as anyone who endures this.