1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Amanda Holden

Discussion in 'Personal' started by fantastischfish, Feb 6, 2011.

1. I'm fairly sure Amanda Holden isn't expecting a bunch of random strangers to be giving her sympathy either! I imagine it's probably the last thing on her mind!

2. And I expect if you were to have posted that on here (as people often do, if you ever venture into the Pregnancy forums) you would have received sympathy from people on here, whether it was expected or not.

3. Well, I feel a lot of sympathy towards you for that, mixed with horror, and gladness it wasn't me.

4. Thank you, coffeekid. It was about eight years ago so, not a recent loss..just something I still think about occasionally now. Apologies to everyone who think that I sound like a complete cow.....just a stroppy Scot sometimes. I won't come back here..so please carry on.....x

5. Hang on a minute, isn't that what this whole forum is about? I don't think I know anyone personally on this forum but have read posts that have bought tears to my eyes!
    Many posters use this as somewhere they can post for support, to give their opinion or to ask more personal questions, the OP was moved by Amanda Holden's loss and posted her feelings on here. The OP is not asking for anything from anyone, she just wrote down how she felt, and the replies are not to Amanada but just a forum for discussions, emotions, whatever to be aired.
    If you don't want to join in then don't!

6. So you think she is reading this?
    This is a thread for cathartic release for a few, and gossip for the rest.
    And ask any gynaecolgogist about the right age for a child! It is not forty, especially when you had your first by caesarian at 35 and a miscarriage at 38.
    Sorry if you don't like fact.

7. zee-bra

zee-bra New commenter

How do you know she has not tried for years?
    I am not sure if your opinion is really important- she can do as she wishes. Your attitude is rather sad. This is a thread for sympathy not judging her choices which are none of your business.
    She could do. Alot of stars google themselves and this will appear as being a recent addition to the internet.

8. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Perhaps I should have been breeding in my teenage years then as my twenties proved so difficult for my pregnancies!
    Statistics on pregnancy are broad-sweep data; the fact that Amanda Holden is in her late thirties seems an unlikely reason for the tragic outcome of her pregnancy. She must surely have been considered to have a better chance than someone younger doing a physically demanding job and living in poor circumstances with a deficient diet.
    I feel extra sorry that she will have to deal with this in the full glare of publicity.

9. How do you know she has not tried for years?
    I am not sure if your opinion is really important- she can do as she wishes. Your attitude is rather sad. This is a thread for sympathy not judging her choices which are none of your business.
    She could do. Alot of stars google themselves and this will appear as being a recent addition to the internet.
    [/quote]

10. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Who knows? Probably her agent is and I'm sure like any bereaved parent she will be comforted by the kind words and support shown by many on websites just like this one.

11. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I'm so glad to see that in true TES tradition,a thread about a woman losing a child had turned into a war of words.

12. sad isn't it?

13. But the point I was making is that lots of women lose a child, as demonstrated by the treacle on here, but some exacerbate that chance through their livestyle choices. The fact of Celebrity is rather irritating to me, and I do admit I find her rather flimsy, but that was not my motivation for commenting.
    Get over yourselves.

14. BelleDuJour

A heartless comment, but I doubt this made any difference to Amanda nor will it help her in any way that people harp on about it.
    The woman has lost a baby.....her baby has died and she has had to give birth to a dead child.
    My heart goes out to her and any woman, any age who has suffered the same tragedy. Lily allen did....another celeb and much younger.

15. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Thank you. And might I add that I don't have children myselff, have never been pregnant and have barely a maternal bone in my body. This thread, therefore, was not started from a point of view of wishing to air my own 'closet bereavements' as it was so callously put.
    I (like others) was simply empathising with an awful situation that another human being is in.

16. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

This is such a disgusting comment that I can barely speak.

17. Well you don't actually know how it ended do you? She has lost it for sure. Whether it was removed naturally as in birth is anyone's guess, but I doubt it.
    Now stop projecting. Why this obsession with celebs who have lost children. It happens all the time? Does the fact that you think you know this person make it somehow more important?
    The only things we know are basic. The rest is speculation. But we do know she was an elderly mother, and therefore must expect a greater chance of a poorly performing pregnancy etc etc.

18. BelleDuJour

That is a sick comment.
    I don't know her. Another stupid comment. I will not get sucked into this.
    I feel for her tragedy. And it is a tragedy.

19. BelleDuJour

It?.....IT!!!
    Not an 'it' but a dead baby! For god's sake have some feeling [​IMG]

20. you are foul
    of course we empathize with another woman's loss