1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Amanda Holden

Discussion in 'Personal' started by fantastischfish, Feb 6, 2011.

1. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

2. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

3. flossy-fluffy

flossy-fluffy New commenter

I was also very saddened to hear the news. It is going to be very tough for her and hubby. (I know sadly from experience)
    God love them...

4. y9840125

y9840125 Occasional commenter

I was devestated for her this morning; it was a real shock, especially considering her miscarriage last year as well. :-(

5. We're struggling to conceive and that's upsetting enough, but to lose a baby at this late stage is just horrific.
    One of oldest friends lost a baby at almost 7 months. Watching her go through this absolutely broke my heart but being witness to how strong she was made me love and respect her so much more.

6. My mum lost their first baby 40 years ago, almost to the week. She can't even bring herself to read about this is the newspaper. Such a tragedy for anyone to go through.

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Poor woman.

8. Horrible for her and the family. My heart goes out to anyone who has to suffer this.

9. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

Mine too. I'm 28 weeks pregnant, so I find things like this really scary and upsetting. I can't imagine how she and her family are feeling. Very sad.

10. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

My friend lost a baby at 40 + 5 on Christmas Eve a few years ago.
    It's dreadful.

11. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I do hope she's able to register the birth and have a funeral. It would have helped me enormously to have that rite of passage for my baby.
    My baby daughter was born dead 24 weeks into my pregnancy and we had no claims on her body as you couldn't register a birth that occured before 28 weeks. It happened in 1980. Various sources told me that the hospital would place her in the coffin of an elderly person being buried by the hospital
    I made enquiries some time later about where (and when) the hospital had buried her and was told that she'd been incinerated with the hospital rubbish.

12. Poor woman. Poor anyone, who has to go through that. Awful.

13. And Jubilee - I have no words.

14. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Horrible way to do things,Jubilee. I hope they do things differently nowadays. Not that it makes it better for you,of course.

15. anon468

anon468 New commenter

jubilee, I am so, so sorry. That is just the most dreadful and inhuman way to have been treated.

16. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I agree. Sorry for your loss Jubliee xx

17. My daughter had her first baby at 28 weeks+5 days last August.He's 5 months now and doing fine. I'll never forget that day ,seeing him in his first few hours...such a tiny, but perfect little person.His parents realise how very lucky they were even though his first few weeks were not without trauma.
    So I was also so very sorry to read about Amanda Holden's terrible loss.
    Jubilee,I can't even begin to understand how you must have felt/ still feel..so shocking.

18. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

It's very sad news. I just keep wondering about how on earth they break it to their little girl.

Jubilee, things are done very different now. So sorry you had to experience such insensitivity.
    I've lost five at around 12 weeks and all were buried with other miscarried babies in a tiny coffin in a cemetery close to the hospital, following a burial service. A friend who lost her son at 18 weeks had a private service and burial for him. And I think you can register the birth after 24 weeks.

19. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

That's a big improvement. Thanks for sharing that.
    2 years after my loss, we had another premmie daughter at 27 weeks (1lb 15oz) and she survived and thrived without even needing a ventilator.
    Its odd how quickly you get used to tiny dimensions. My first child was a whopping 8lbs 15oz and had to be induced after going nearly 2 weeks overdue!