1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Am I wrong to be amused by this?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by minnieminx, Apr 8, 2012.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'm looking at the person spec for two posts, one middle leader and one senior. Both recently advertised but have as an essential criteria 'Registration with the GTC'.

Hmmmm Well I used to be, but it doesn't seem worth mentioning. All they did was take my money, I never had any contact with them.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'm looking at the person spec for two posts, one middle leader and one senior. Both recently advertised but have as an essential criteria 'Registration with the GTC'.

Hmmmm Well I used to be, but it doesn't seem worth mentioning. All they did was take my money, I never had any contact with them.

3. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

It doesn't exist any more......

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Zactly!!

Are these HTs clueless or just behind the times?

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Personally I blame the Deputy Heads . . . [​IMG]
    In schools that I have known, it is the Deputy who is in charge of sorting out job ads, job and person specs, etc., and it is so tempting to get a copy of the last job that you advertised and just change the closing date.
    This is how you get ads for a Literacy Co-ordinator requiring experience in whole-school mathematics initiatives, or - my favourite - a job for a Head Caretaker at a large independent school where each applicant was required to submit full details of the examination results achieved at both GCSE and A-level for her/his teaching groups for the last three years.
    Including value-added.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.