1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Am I waiting too long?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Zenkris, Feb 9, 2011.

  1. It's been nearly 2 weeks since I was interviewed with a reputable school. I have since emailed them asking when I can expect to hear from them. Still, nothing! Is this normal? I am thinking that they have offered the job to someone else and that person is delaying. Very, VERY frustrating!
     
  2. David Getling

    David Getling Senior commenter

    The most likely explanation is that they have offered the job to someone else and are waiting till they have got a signed contract back. Of course, the decent and honest thing to do would be to tell you this and say that you would be reconsidered if their first choice did not accept the job offer.

    Then, despite being a reputable school, the head might be a scumbag who won't give someone the time of day unless he thinks they might be some use to him. For a school or company, the outward trappings of respectability don't necessarily imply that it's being run by nice people. I've known some truly evil Principals, whose acting in front of parents and the media is so convincing they should be nominated for an Oscar.
     
  3. grandslam2005

    grandslam2005 New commenter

    I understand your your sense of frustration as I have encountered similar predicaments. If you have already emailed them, then I would just wait. Sometimes schools have so many positions to fill and other candidates have asked for more time due to other interviews, that it can take time.

    However, if you were to be slightly cynical you could say that the school has possibly already offered the post to someone else. I am surprised that at interview the school did not give you a timeframe for the decision to be made.

    If you have not heard by the weekend maybe drop them another email asking for feedback and if the post has already been offered. If you don't hear anything fairly soon, then assume you have not got it.[​IMG]
     

Share This Page