1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Am I unique among female TESsers?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lardylady, Nov 5, 2011.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I look good with out make up/////but them i am naturally wonderful!

2. Nothing on my hair.
    No foundation (unless a very posh occasion and I look like death)
    But always eyeliner and mascara for work or going out.
    Sometimes a bit of lippy, but usually not.
    At home or when going to the shops - nowt.
    Today on training course - nowt.

3. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I very rarely wear make up. If I'm going out I might put some lip gloss on and a bit of mascara. I have to use hair product (organic jessicurl rockin ringlets) otherwise I'm "frizzygirly" not curlygirly.
    I have my nails done regularly though and am no stranger to the waxing table.

4. bedingfield

bedingfield New commenter

I rarely wear make-up and then it is only if I am going out somewhere really posh or when I am on stage with my local am dram society.
    My mum rarely wears make-up (and then only lipstick and mascara on special occasions) and my daughter is not a girly-girl either and shows no interest in anything other than a nicely fragranced deodorant.
    So can we all join the club?

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I wear very little. Tinted moisturiser, a little blusher so I don't look like a corpse, mascara and pale lipgloss. Having said that I only wear it for work or going out. If I'm doing neither then I don't bother, but always moisturiser.
    TBH a lot of women would look a whole heap better for taking a bit of pride in their appearance. I don't see anything wrong in making the most of yourself.

6. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I hate wearing makeup. It feels like wearing a mask.
    I'd far rather show people who I really am.

7. catherinaaa

catherinaaa New commenter

I always wear it, even if am just going to the shops. Am terrible. My mother wears make up only very rarely on special occasions, and then it is only ever a bit of lippy & mascara. My sister usually wears a little, but I "win" hands down for the amount I wear. My newest purchase is a greenish coloured primer to put on before foundation and it realy works at evening out red patches on my skin and covers acne scars well. I feel naked without make up!

8. I'd far rather show people who I really am.
    No, in my case, that's best kept a very dark secret, preferably locked in a trunk and hidden in an attic.
    Though i do really dislike that feeling of foundation on my face. I'm using a Clinique one atm that someone recommended. Seems less feely than many I've had.

9. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

I wear makeup for work (I like to cover up the dark rings under my eyes for a start!), but it's lovely when I'm not working to not bother!
    I also like my make up to look 'natural' (so that I can pretend that it's how I actually look, haha!)

10. anteater

anteater New commenter

I used to use make-up when younger. I think I stopped when looking after babies etc, as no time, and just never started again.
    I never really notice whether others are wearing make up or not (unless they have so much on they look a funny colour). Each to their own, and all that.
    I don't own any make up and wouldn't know what to do with it, really. My daughter has plenty, and will sometimes give me a "makeover" if I am going out in the evening.
    I kept thinking that I would start wearing it for work again as I got older, to cover up the ravages of time, but still haven't got round to buying any! Certainly don't fancy stuff round eyes, as have had various problems with them and I don't think they would take kindly to it.

11. Exactly - and I don't see why we should be joining make-up or make-up free clubs.
    I was brought up to be an emancipated woman, who could decide for herself.
    If I want to wear make-up, I damn well will.
    If I don't want to, I won't.
    If you want to join my "Glam when you feel like it, don't if you don't" Club, let me know.
    Crikey, I reckon membership could run into the thousands....

12. I don't wear makeup day to day but will wear lipstick and eye shadow for special occasions such as weddings. I don't use hair spray either and definitely don't have my hair cut as frequently as I should. I don't shave my legs often either but that's because I have dyspraxia and struggle to coordinate a razor, even the big clunky one I have. People have suggested waxing to me but I have a very low pain threshold and cried when I had my eyebrow hairs plucked so would rather not go for waxing! Most of my makeup hang ups are sensory related. I tend to touch my face and rub my eyes a lot so any eye make up smudges immediately. I also have an overactive blink reflex so hate anything near my eyes (I tend to let eye infections clear up on their own rather than go for eye drops-that's how bad I am!) so mascara and eye liner are automatically out! I had to have the full works for a photo shoot during the Easter holidays this year and the make up lady got a bit annoyed at how many times I flinched while she was doing my eyes! I wear perfumes when I am going for dinner with my boyfriend but not day to day.

13. inq

inq

I never wear make up, or hair spray or perfume - it isn't that I dislike it on others but I think basically I'm too lazy to bother and now at nearly 50 I can't be bothered to start. I do use deodorant and toothpaste!!