1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Am I unique among female TESsers?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lardylady, Nov 5, 2011.

1. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I never, ever wear make up.
    Anyone else want to join the club? [​IMG]

2. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I never, ever wear make up.
    Anyone else want to join the club? [​IMG]

3. joli2

joli2 New commenter

No thanks. At the minute I still don't really have my eyelashes back and don't want my eyes looking like 'p8ss holes in the snow'. If you're lucky enough to look just as gorgeous with or without, then I'm happy for you.

4. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Me!

I never wear eye make-up
    Or foundation.
    Or rouge/blusher.
    Or Nail polish

I do however, very ocvcassionally, wear a smudhe of lipstick - especially if it's really cold - my lips get tinged blue!....does this preclude me from joining the club?

Oh, and do I get bonus points for not wearing perfume?...or hairspray?

5. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I look anything but gorgeous, but I just can't be arsed to faff about putting slap on.

6. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

Yes! Points awarded!!

7. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I could never, ever join this club. *Shudder!*
    I could however join a 'lardy' club, lardylady!

8. I don't wear make up either. A lot of people I know would look a lot better if they didn't in my opinion.
    I think it may be due to my inability to know what to do with make up that may also influence my lack on interest in it.

9. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

I never wear make up either, or hair products - maybe I should!
    I did mean to wear make up when I got married 18 yrs ago and bought some. On the day I forgot, remembered half way through the day and thought 'oh well'.
    My youngest daughter is a very girly girl and would love a mum who wore make up! (When she was 2 yrs old, she used the stylus from my palm top as a lipstick/eye liner thing and I used to watch her in wonder, amazed that she knew what to do!)

10. I don't wear make up and on the odd occasion when I feel I should I have to hunt in daughter's room to find some and that would only be mascara and lippy.
    And I've just changed my hairstyle which means I have to blow dry and use hairspray- not sure I'll keep it up.

11. catmother

catmother Star commenter

No,thanks.

12. I do wear make up -but only rarely. This is also because I can't be bothered. I also don't often wear perfume and only shave my legs when I'm going to show my legs (usually a few times in the summer -and then only the bit that'll show). I'm not afraid of spiders or dirt. I do however love dresses and used to wear them all the time as a child when playing in woods, damming streams and climbing trees.

13. I do not wear make up, it still brings me out in spots (even at my mature age of ...*cough, splutter*)
    Hairpray and perfume also no. I don't like strong smells like that. My MIL wears heavy perfume and when my daughter has been there for the day she reeks of it so straight for a bath and hairwash to get rid of the smell.
    A little hair product just to give it some shine and not to look so thick and heavy.
    And it doesn't bother me one little bit[​IMG]

14. Don't own any make up - can I join?
    I've got some old nail varnishes at the back of the drawer, but never seem to go anywhere it's appropriate to wear it.
    I had my hair cut yesterday, and had to explain to the hairdresser that it was my once a year cut, I have no hairdryer and just wash it, brush it and go to work. I hope what she's done stays looking presentable!
    I never ever was a girly girl. I'll wear dresses, but most of my friends are blokes.

15. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I almost never ever wear make up.
    I went to the TES Awards last year, and the year before. As I was making an effort to dress up, I did wear a bit of make up each time (though I didn't go as far as foundation or blusher). My very girly daughter was delighted - it was the first time I'd bothered with make up for about 15 years, so she'd never seen me with a bit of slap on my face.
    I've never bothered with make up during the day (apart from when I was into Goth and Indie music as a student back in the 80s when I had wild hair, and stupidly OTT make-up). I used to sometimes put a bit on for a night out, but I don't even bother with that these days.

16. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg New commenter

I would like to join this club though I do shave my legs and like to wear smellies. My Mum never wore makeup when I was a kid so it never really was something that I tried.
    Must have saved a lot of money over the years I think.

17. I don't put anything on my hair because I can "feel" it. I do wear make-up because I look hellish without it. Like joli, I've lost most of my eyelashes and resemble a lizard without eyeliner. I'm thinking of having them tattooed on but £695 for a vanity project at my age is putting me off.
    http://www.naturalenhancement.co.uk/semi-permanent-makeup-treatments.aspx?ArticleID=186
    Note that the company has failed to appreciate the irony of calling themselves "natural enhancement". There's nothing natural about injecting ink into your eyelids!

18. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Certainly NOT unique!
    I was about to say I never wear make up - my husband has always called it 'war-paint' and prefers me to look natural. However on odd occasions I do put on a bit of lipstick and a 'bronzer', which I will be doing next Tues. as I have a job interview.
    A lot of teenage girls query why I don't and I always say 'Isn't it wonderful that I have a husband who loves me as I am!'
    However I do wear perfume, to give me confidence.

19. I suppose I'm quite high maintenance. I usually wear make up, including foundation to hide my rosacea (without it I have a complexion resembling Alex Ferguson). I wax my legs and have just come back from the hair dresser having had my hair highlighted
    but the idea of having someone tattooing my eyelids is just horrific - surely that would be excruciating.

20. Re "Natural enhancement" - I am not sure I would trust a company that couldn't be ***** to proof-read their website anywhere near my eyes.