1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Am I too sensitive?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by happy_monkey, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Have started to wonder whether there is any point in using the TES forum anymore. Lost count of the amount of times I have posted something, either in threads I have started myself or in reponse to others, and had somebody reply in a completely uncalled for way.
    Certain people on this forum just seem determined to undermine other people and make them feel bad for no reason. It's like they just want an argument.
    I'm aware that people tend to be more willing to be harsh online due to a certain amount of anonimity but there's just no need. I'm not a confrontational person and would never come on here just to post horrible responses to people and really just can't understand why some people feel the need to.
    Anyway, rant over.

2. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Me neither. Therefore,I was probably not the one upsetting you,for once.

3. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Hi Happy Monkey
    I think you are confusing this lovely, friendly, caring and understanding board with the main (English) one! Seriously, I have very occasionally posted on there, only to regret it immediately someone repsonded. I know I can be over sensitive, but I enjoy spending time on here (Catmum is ok really [​IMG] when she's in a good mood!!), so come over and join us!
    Joni x

4. I visit the English site sometimes to read the catty comments -especially the anti-Cover Supervisor ones!

5. The English site is a fight club!

6. Although, I would like to add that it can be lovely there, too, particularly if you avoid the Opinion forum. I've had some advice and support in the "Personal" forum and have given some, too.

7. I refer you to an insulting post directed to me by airy on the retired teachers post...no need for that...it is a choice being unemployed? Get tae...

8. In fairness, Dippy, you are the one who has decided your city boy lifestyle is more important than getting a job in a more rural area... that is your choice.

9. In fairness I can't move because of comittments...

10. I have to care for aged relative..so is that still my fault? If I go to nowhereville, they will end up in a home...that answer your question?

11. Si if airy want's to aplogise for being an example of what the OP suggested, it's fine by me...

12. You were the one calling retired teacher selfish and demanding they move over just so that you can maintain your city lifestyle! What did you expect? Sympathy because the job you want in the location you want hasn't dropped into your lap?

13. Your a nasty piece of work eh?

14. I'm supposed to apologise for responding to what you post as opposed to being able to magically read your mind and know your personal circumstances? Get a grip.

15. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

in fairness to airy she/he made the comments before knowing your cirucmstances!

16. And then he/she goes on the attack? Toys chucked out of pram and crying methinks. OP's point proved...

17. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

in fairness to airy they made their point before knowing your personal circumstances!

18. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

oops didn't mean to post twice got an error message after the first and it looked as though original post hadn't gone!

19. Does that all the time...

20. I did indeed. As did Dippy when calling retired teachers selfish for doing supply. It's funny how some sensitivities only work one way...