1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Am I too late?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by rollingpin, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Well, I finally finished my personal statement today and thought I could send my PGCE application, only to find that I have to get my reference first. I really did not understand the application process. Given that the closing date is tomorrow, do you think I have any chance at all?

2. Well, I finally finished my personal statement today and thought I could send my PGCE application, only to find that I have to get my reference first. I really did not understand the application process. Given that the closing date is tomorrow, do you think I have any chance at all?

3. Hi
    You are certainly not too late. The closing date on the GTTR website is 3 September 2012. If you are applying for primary, to ensure that your application is sent to your first choice of provider, you needed to submit your application complete with references by 1 December. However, if your first choice hasn't yet filled their allocated places, they will still consider your application. If your first choice is full, then your application will go to your second choice, subject to their availability.
    Candidates for primary teacher training do continue applying right through the academic year and there are opportunities within the year to apply to further course providers if necessary.
    Have a look at the important dates section of the GTTR website (www.gttr.ac.uk/students/importantdates).
    Good luck with your application.

Stephen Hillier, TDA