1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Am I the only one with no snow?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by yoitsjo, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Everywhere around us seems to have snow but we have none!! Places only 7 miles away have a couple of inches, but nothing here! I love snow...feel a bit cheated!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'd have thought five minutes watching the news would put any sensible person off.

3. You can have ours. It is causing no end of problems.

4. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

You can have mine

5. Wish we didn't; we're meant to be getting Firstborn back from Uni today but I think it may not happen - don't want Mr Carnhot risking his neck driving on a skating rink.

6. I have about a foot of it and it is still snowing, if you fancy some.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

There's not much in Glasgow but after last week's experience I wouldn't care if I never saw it again and I feel terribly sorry for people here who have no guarantee of Christmas presents arriving and no way of getting to where they need/want to go (eg lapinrose in her sad circumstances).

8. catmother

catmother Star commenter

And mine. Over 3 weeks of having it (minus 2 days of respite before it came back with a revenge). We have another 3 days of school to go and trying to get there and back will be a nightmare.
    What is City like MilkandChalk?

9. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

At the moment I'm not sure owing to not having opened any curtains yet. It didn't snow yesterday but the forecast is saying something different for today.
    I'm just keeping my eye out on the cameras on trafficscotland to make sure I can make it home next week. I just want to go I think. I've had enough.

10. No snow here either.

11. There's a bit of a white-out where I am (although it's stopped, probably briefly) and I'm worried my journey up north is going to be affected for tomorrow. Feeling a bit thin-lipped about the snow right now.

12. Yup. I was right. It's started again.

13. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Up until teatime yesterday, it was very cold but bone dry here. And I was feeling very smug and happy.
    Then it started...
    And lo there is a good half a foot of the b*stard white stuff on the ground. And still it comes. Really, really fed up and grumpy (although also slightly relieved that I did mum's shopping yesterday...). [​IMG]

14. It is horrible in the sense that it disrupts people's plans and I am very sorry about that...I guess I just would have liked some as I am now off school, have all family within walking distance, love looking out at it and like playing in it...children in family really want to use their sledges, but haven't been able to yet! Purely selfish of me but doesn't look like we will be getting any at the moment!

15. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Where are all the snowless people? it is highly unusual for us to have snow but we have enough for the roads to be almost unusable. Am worried that my daughter and sister may not get down for Christmas.

16. I'm in East Midlands. I do feel very sorry for people who have had plans ruined. I few friends have had to cancel going to see football, shows, friends and that is sad! Just the romantic notion of a White Christmas I guess!!

17. It's not just plans that are ruined, lives can be ruined.

18. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

There is a dusting around Buxton, We normally have snow when the rest of England has none, I feel quite hard done by. When I was a kid there was a local rockface which you could jump off, into the drifts. I want to do it again. The rest of the country has stolen our rightful snow, I am not best pleased. Selfish, that is what you are.

19. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

things happen
    to avoid them are we all meant to live in Boring Flat. Grey Rd, Dullsville ?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

There's a lot to be said for it.
    Many of which it would be nice to avoid.