1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Am I the only loom band addict fan left in the UK?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ATfan, Jul 6, 2018.

1. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

So, I am a 37 year old teacher and I got into the loom band craze in 2014 (because it's the only arts and crafts activity that I can do and it's a good form of mindfulness for me) but had to stop for health reasons. 2 years later, the shops no longer stock loom bands and no-one appears to do it anymore apart from very young children but I still enjoy doing it when I can. As the thread title says, am I the only adult left who likes making loom bracelets?

2. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I would imagine so.

sparkleghirl and harsh-but-fair like this.
  3. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Loom bands? Goodness. A blast from the past. I expect you can get them off the Internet.

4. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

That is indeed where I get them from. I ordered some more from eBay a few days ago, in fact! It’s sad to think that people have gone off this craft!

5. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

Update: I got a very good loom and haul from eBay. Now waiting for this ridiculously hot weather to cool down a bit, so that I am motivated to use them :)

6. nixmith

nixmith Established commenter

I saw a kit in a shop recently, the Works I think, so try that place if you need supplies.

P.S. I still de-stress with my fidgit spinner, am I the only one?

7. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

Thanks very much. I thought that the Works stopped doing the kits ages ago but will continue to keep an eye out just in case. :) I bought 2 fidget spinners last year but haven't fiddled with them for ages.

8. CalypsoDalma

CalypsoDalma New commenter

I still like them too! I find it relaxing to make loom band bracelets while I'm talking to someone or watching TV- it gives my hands something to do (nothing rude intended by that lol.) I also like playing with blue tac for the same reason.