1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Am I stressed?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by srahryash, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Been a teacher since 1994 and always coped until now. I will be resigning because as a family we have decided to move after an episode of ill health - my husband, but now finding it really difficult to cope due to issues in school - not personal to me but which really impacts on the morale of others around me. Also feel increasingly burdened with others responsibilities due to long term sickness of others in the department. The only thing keeping me going are the responsibilities I have to the students in year 11 though they treat me like dirt. Haven't broken down yet but feel totally overwhelmed all the time and cannot switch off even though I know I will be leaving. Don't intend to work next academic year as I need some time out. What should I do as I don't want to explode!

2. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

Stick it out. It's not long. Treat yourself as much as you can, spas, baths, read a chapter of a book every night. Go for a walk at the weekend. I know how **** stress can be. I've been there and it's horrible but your stress sounds work related and that will soon finish.
    Of course there is always the option of going on the sick but it doesn't sound like you're at that stage and best for yourself and others if you can stick it out a little longer. 1 more week till half term!

3. Thanks will do just that! Feel better for sharing my concerns.

4. You are stressed, but you have an exit stratagey, excellent, it is hard but stick it out. Be careful though when you stop work the stress will not just go away- on occasion it gets worse. As such I would have a chat with a GP about this as it is a well known problem. All the best!