1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Am I right in thinking...(new eyfs & ks1) help appreciated

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by Crownie13, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Am I right in thinking that rather than plan using Development Matters/Early Learning Goals and assess using Early Years Foundation Stage Profile, using the new EYFS we will now plan using the 17 Early Learning Goals and also assess using the same 17 Early Learning Goals.
    Also, I will have 6 year ones in my class in Sept (alongside reception) for first time and I am not very familiar with NC. I assume I will plan using Bredth of Study/Knowledge, Skills & Understanding (any clarification on link between using those 2?!) and assess against Attainment Target Level Descriptions.
    In EYFS for assessment I make use of layered targets for Literacy & Numeracy (using wall displays), and web diagram next steps for other areas of learning, guided group sheets linked to ELG, class tick lists etc. would it be similar for year one? On guided group sheets would I comment against the planning criteria (or learning obs linked to these) or the attainment target level descriptions?
    Thankyou for anyone who can help! New teacher xxx

2. Hi,
    Am I right in thinking that rather than plan using Development Matters/Early Learning Goals and assess using Early Years Foundation Stage Profile, using the new EYFS we will now plan using the 17 Early Learning Goals and also assess using the same 17 Early Learning Goals.
    Also, I will have 6 year ones in my class in Sept (alongside reception) for first time and I am not very familiar with NC. I assume I will plan using Bredth of Study/Knowledge, Skills & Understanding (any clarification on link between using those 2?!) and assess against Attainment Target Level Descriptions.
    In EYFS for assessment I make use of layered targets for Literacy & Numeracy (using wall displays), and web diagram next steps for other areas of learning, guided group sheets linked to ELG, class tick lists etc. would it be similar for year one? On guided group sheets would I comment against the planning criteria (or learning obs linked to these) or the attainment target level descriptions?
    Thankyou for anyone who can help! New teacher xxx

3. I would use development matters for planning still but if you repost this in the early years forum I'm sure there'll be lots of opinions there!