1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Am I qualified to work in Scotland?

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by justamum, Jun 25, 2016.

  1. justamum

    justamum New commenter

    I have a maths degree from a Scottish University, a PGCE from an English university and hold the National SENCO certification. I am currently working as a full time SENCO in an English Primary school.

    My husband is Scottish and keen to move back to Scotland - but would I be qualified to work there?

  2. Mazod

    Mazod Occasional commenter

    You should be with a PGCE although you need to be registered with GTCS (gtcs.org.uk). Get in touch with them asap as they will need to verify your qualifications and register you.

    What I would say is that we do not have 'SENCOs' in Scotland and I'm not sure that you could get a similar role in a primary school (once upon a time but not with the cuts over the past few years!). You'll need to have a think about what you would like to do (e.g. Primary classroom teacher or looking to special school).

Share This Page