1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Am I qualified enough??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by fitzneal, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm currently in a post until July. At the current time I'm a class teacher. However, previously I have been KS2 and Healthy Schools Leader and Maths Leader. I've predominantely worked in KS2 but have done supply in all year groups and had close links helping plan etc... in KS1.
    I've recently moved county, hence the class teacher only role.
    I've been looking at an Assistant Head job...
    Am I qualified enough to apply, or would they laugh my application out of the window?

2. Hi,
    I'm currently in a post until July. At the current time I'm a class teacher. However, previously I have been KS2 and Healthy Schools Leader and Maths Leader. I've predominantely worked in KS2 but have done supply in all year groups and had close links helping plan etc... in KS1.
    I've recently moved county, hence the class teacher only role.
    I've been looking at an Assistant Head job...
    Am I qualified enough to apply, or would they laugh my application out of the window?

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I would think it depends how long you did maths leader and healthy schools leader for and what you can show you achieved in that time.

The lack of KS1 teaching will also be a factor, though not necessarily a deal breaker.

The main thing is to look at the person spec and see if you can tick each and every criteria, If you can then yes apply, if you can't then it probably isn't worth it.

You should maybe ask on the SMT or HT forums?

4. I was Maths for 2 years, healthy schools for 2 years and KS2 for 1 year.
    The post is looking for someone who can manage KS1 or KS2.
    Had a look at Person Spec and feeel confident that I have all the essential and most of the Desirables, just worried that I'm punching above my station!
    I'm new to the forums, so will try and fint the SMT/HT forums.

thanks for your help :)