1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Am I just weird?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by princessdiaries, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Just had strawberries and a bit of cream (yum) but I feel hungry, I often do after eating fruit especially apples and berries.
    Does anybody else? And also if I eat a biggish meal late at night I'm REALLY hungry the next morning!

2. Just had strawberries and a bit of cream (yum) but I feel hungry, I often do after eating fruit especially apples and berries.
    Does anybody else? And also if I eat a biggish meal late at night I'm REALLY hungry the next morning!

3. I am always hungry full stop. Very rare that I feel so full i couldn't eat another morsel.

4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

It's very much true that the more I eat,the more I want to eat.

5. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

I don't find fruit satisfying in the least. If I try to be good with eating fruit then I'm always hankering after a bag of crisps after I've had the fruit.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

By eating too much you stretch your stomach and so it feels empty again more quickly.

7. Me too!
    Thanks for the explanation nutella.

8. Bananas satisfy mre though x

9. Starchy.
    I'd never eat an apple if I were hungry. I can feel the pieces rattling around in the void and it just makes me feel hungrier.

10. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

Apparently drinking a large glass of water before you eat can help you feel full.
    MM

11. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

This thread has made me hungry.
    I have just had two nectarines!

12. Nectarines make me hungry, I also find if I have just cleaned my teeth some fruits taste funny x

13. I think that if you eat carbs, especially sugary food (including fruit) it makes you hungrier- I think it is to do with blood sugar levels. That's why they give you bread before a meal. This is why I find it much easier to lose weight doing low-carb diets, rather than just calorie counting, because they suppress your appetite.
    The point about your stomach expanding is no doubt also part of the picture.
    I also fancy a nectarine now!