1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

am i entitled to redunduncy settlement?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by still-amazed, Mar 19, 2011.

1. It's a good question. What exactly did your union say? Are you the only person having .4 of a timetable being made redundant? Can't help at the moment but this will "bump" the topic.

2. I am sure I've read on another thread about the fact that if you are losing more than 10% of your pay then it can be classified as redundancy.
    Search the forums...the words school restructuring were in the thread I was reading and may help you find it.

3. hello, I am in the same position as you, but am being dropped to 0.4. i spoke to my union rep and he said there are 3 options for the school:

1. Agree a reduction in hours with you.
    2. Make an offer of 'suitable alternative employment'. i.e. ask you to teach something else
    3. Offer voluntary redundancy.

Provided you have worked continuously for two years or more you qualify for a redundancy payment.

i am not sure ifyou can get redundancy payment but still stay employed there, but they do need to either agree the reduction or redistribute your services elsewhere!