1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Am I being unreasonable?

Discussion in 'Music' started by elliejo, Dec 11, 2010.

1. I imagine the origional poster is being paid to do his job. If he is a a member of classroom teaching staff then it isn't by the hour. As music teachers we expect that our job will involve taking part in concerts and shows. Our colleagues in other subjects have other burdens (such as much more frequent marking) - the after school activity thing is simply expected as part of the job. I've done shows with up to 4 performances on consecutive nights - I was not paid and neither were the students or other staf who took part (no peris on those ocassions).
    I certainly hope the poster will not be one of those music teachers who baulks at after school commitments - it would put him the tiniest of minorities.

2. What?!?!? Keep your random logic to itself. Of course music staff do have marking, but the comparison with a surgeon is just ludicrous.