1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Am I being too picky????

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by newscientist, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Ladies and gentlemen....
    Above is the winner of the longest sentence in the WOORRRRRRLLLLLLDDD competition.
    The Prize.....DEMOTION!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

2. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

3. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Correct me if I'm wrong Mn'M but do I recall you regularly telling people they should pay great attention to spelling, grammar and English when applying for jobs?
    If so - shame on you, you long sentence writer who has no shame and does not stand by the principles he tries to instil in others when he doesnt do it himself on the Teaching Overseas forum.... you
    (only playing)
    If my memory is going awol again and I am mistaking you for someone else, then I unreservedly apologise. [​IMG]

4. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

It's all about context, dear friend. The length was intentional for the context.
    Also, there's a vast sea of difference between job applications & TES time wasting cause I've nought t'do tonight.
    [​IMG]

5. Sandman

Sandman New commenter

Once the school opens we'll see if he's as good as he thinks he is?

6. It seems to have been the Chrome browser that was the issue.All appears well now, at least according to the preview mode. Thanks Stopwatch.
    Still enjoying a full and active working life here thanks MM. Gulder and Star say they miss you.

7. Not understand.