1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Am I being too ambitious?!?!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sr82, Apr 1, 2011.

1. I know I should probably post this on one of the career forums.... but thought I would get a quicker response here! Im a year 1 leader, in my fourth year of teaching, been year leader for two years and am thinking about applying for a new job - a foundation stage and key stage one lead professional.

Haven't ever taught foundation stage other then when teaching training! But obviously work very closely with foundation stage within my role now (transition etc) so am well aware of the foundation stage curriculum etc and am willing to study it further!! But just worried I won't have enough experience.... what do you think?!

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

2. Go for it, you have to move up at some point.
    The fact that you are thinking about it means its probably time!
    If you don't have enough experience then they wont give you an interview and you can move on, writing down a letter of support is sometimes a useful thing just to assess all that you have done and keep for future reference. An app form wont take 5 minutes.
    Good Luck!

3. Go for it!
    I have always been ahead of myself with my profesional development. It's never to early to see where you can go.
    But do take longer than 5 minutes on your application form. There are loads of ideas on the professional development forum.
    B

4. Pinklady82

Pinklady82 New commenter

Definitely go for it! I went for KS2 leader 2 years into my teaching career having only taught year 5 and I got it. Now in my 5th year and have been appointed to similiar position in another school. People never get experience unless someone takes a chance on them.
    Never say you are lacking in experience, more an area you'd like to develop in professionally!

Good luck! :)

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Do let us know how you get on!
    Good luck [​IMG]

6. Just to be clear the Application form should take not much longer than 5 minutes, its just filling in your name, details, current position and references etc etc. Your letter of support should take much longer than this! Obviously if your letter of support is integrated into the application form then this too will take longer.
    Remember to meet the person spec!