1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Am I a hopeless romantic or....

Discussion in 'Book club' started by lucywag, Aug 27, 2012.

1. is the Notebook by Nicholas Sparks not one of the most moving books written in the last 20 years?
    My hopes weren't high before I started it but I was an emotional mess reading the last chapter, sobbing uncontrollably at the end. I finished it on Friday but I haven't been able to stop thinking about Noah and Allie all weekend.
    Tell me I'm not the only one!!

2. is the Notebook by Nicholas Sparks not one of the most moving books written in the last 20 years?
    My hopes weren't high before I started it but I was an emotional mess reading the last chapter, sobbing uncontrollably at the end. I finished it on Friday but I haven't been able to stop thinking about Noah and Allie all weekend.
    Tell me I'm not the only one!!

3. R kelly, the r n b singer filed for divorce after seeing the film of this book. He said that although they were not experiencing any problems whatsoever, the romance between he and his wife was nothing compared to the main characters in the film and that neither of them deserved a life so lacking in genuine love!! So yes, if the film is that powerful, the book will be 10 times more!

4. Seriously?!
    Yes, it's an incredible story. I thought it was beautiful.