1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

am all emailed off!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by breadmaker, Jun 21, 2011.

1. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

Anyone else feel like me?
    At our school, we don't talk to each other, we just make demands and send reminders via email, which we then need to check 3 times a day to make sure we haven't missed any changes- it's driving me crazy! Am I just a technophobe???

2. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

Anyone else feel like me?
    At our school, we don't talk to each other, we just make demands and send reminders via email, which we then need to check 3 times a day to make sure we haven't missed any changes- it's driving me crazy! Am I just a technophobe???

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

If you think that checking emails 3 times a day is excessive, then yes.

4. I think it's a bit sad when there's not time to speak face to face, but having said that there aren't always enough hours in the day!

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Are you expected to check your emails during the hours of the school day? Not easy (nor desirable or good practice) when you are teaching!
    Suggest a whiteboard on the staffroom wall that can be checked at breaktimes.

6. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

Thanks for reply. There is no recommendation re checking them, but things can change so quickly thand your day can be altered so if you don't check regularly, you can fall foul of changes that you know nothing about. If you then say anything, SMT standard reply is |"we sent you an email this morning ..." so you end up checking the damned thing just in case................... nearly Summer !!!

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Nothing to add except I feel for you ....[​IMG]

8. I feel your pain as we have the same problem!!! Emails will be sent during lessons and we are expected to be up to date with all the news/changes etc.
    On Monday people were sent their new class details during the day. It left some people who had time to check knowing where they were and the rest of us finding out by accident as we hadn't had a break in the morning to check our emails!