1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Alzheimer's thread

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Sep 24, 2015.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Am liking the new site.....so much easier...but where is our beloved Alzheimer's thread? I recall Lara telling us it was to be brought over but II cannot find it. This thread has given so much love, support and help to so many it was worth staying on TES just for that.
    Can someone tell me where it is, and if not then Mods....please bring it over here. PLEASE????

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Seconded. Where the heck is it????

BelleDuJour likes this.
  3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Quote from Rosaline a few days ago."Thank you for letting me know that the thread is in Personal. The threads in Personal are being migrated over to the new forums so Lara and anyone else who needs access to the Alzheimer's thread will still be able to see the valuable information and advice offered there."
    So where is it?

4. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi,

Sorry about this. The thread was in Personal and as you can see the rest of the content was migrated so I will flag this up to the developers.

Just to confirm the thread was titled: Coping with elderly parents - particularly Alzheimer's Rant?

5. TES_Rosaline

6. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

That's the one. Do hope it can be reinstated.

7. TES_Rosaline

8. TES_Rosaline

Do you know when the thread was started?

9. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

It might 2011 but lara will know. She started it.

10. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

You're kidding!

You lost it because it's "old"? How ironic!

11. TES_Rosaline

Thank you @lindenlea

12. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Thank you!

13. TES_Rosaline

You're welcome @BelleDuJour.

14. TES_Rosaline

15. maurice-r

maurice-r Established commenter

So is it spread by medical and dental procedures? Something must explain its frighteningly increasing incidence.

16. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Can I jump in here. That's the thread but not the beginning of it. i would appreciate having it all as I'm sure the other users would. it starts with Lara talking about "the long sad goodbye " This is better than nothing though. I expect Lara will be in touch later Rosaline. Thank you.

17. TES_Rosaline

Hi @lindenlea

Thank you for letting me know. I'll pass this on.

18. TES_Rosaline

@lindelea

We are looking into restoring the full thread soon. Please bear with us while we look into this issue.

Thank you.

19. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well I did write a reply , but know can't find that reply under recent posts or anywhere near the first page of \personal. I had been intending to see if I could edit it- think it was started the end of the year -either 2011 or 2012.
    However even trying to search via TESRosaline, lindenlea or myself now can't seem to locate it?

20. TES_Rosaline