1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Always some good news:

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JosieWhitehead, Jan 1, 2019.

1. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-46722029 What nice news, following what happened to this lady before. We sometimes only hear the bad news. I hope Ayla Grace has a long and happy life, don't you? Do you have good news too? The good news is that the sun is shining and the sky is blue in Yorkshire - how about you? Oh, and from my window I see my rose bush is covered (yes, true) with yellow roses.

2. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

My cosmos has two new flowers on it!

3. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

The sun is shining and shoots are peeking through the soil.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

We saw a Ceanothus (Californian Lilac) flowering on our afternoon walk. Very out of season. And we think the blue-**** are building a nest -much too early and a brood is unlikely to survive, if we get a cold spell. :(

5. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

I've found half a dozen mince pies!

6. JosieWhitehead

Right: Kettle on, cups out - where are you and the mince pies? The sky is still blue in Yorkshire and the sun shining and it's gone 3.30 pm. We've added almost 30 minutes of daylight to the morning and evening since the shortest day. Goodie !!!!! or is it goodee?

7. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Star commenter

My osteospermum is in bud again.
    It's grey here has been for several days.

Lara mfl 05 and sparklepig2002 like this.
  8. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

[​IMG]

Oh sorry - you should have said :D

9. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

Met my daughters new boyfriend for the first time today... He is so lovely! Such a sweet caring lad!

10. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

I saw a kingfisher today.

HelenREMfan, Lara mfl 05 and Bedlam3 like this.
  11. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Lovely walk at Chatsworth. Blue skies and lovely sunshine.

InkyP and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  12. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

My crashing hangover is wearing off.

13. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Yummy!
    Josie's got the kettle on and then
    Spirit!

Luckily I have some spare as I made too much pastry. ;)
    [​IMG]

14. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Finding baby Ivan in the collapsed building in Russia was good news. I'm presuming because they knew his name that his parents are alive too. I hope so.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  15. gruoch

gruoch Established commenter

My snowdrops started to flower on Christmas Day.

Lara mfl 05 and JosieWhitehead like this.
  16. JosieWhitehead

Christmas Day is certainly early for snowdrops, but this winter, so far, has been mild. I think the temperatures are going well down tonight - but the good news re this is that the colds and 'flu germs will get killed, hopefully.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  17. JosieWhitehead

I should have added to the above: Whilst I've seen some terrible scenes of snowfall all over Europe, touch wood, we're doing well so far and we've had some blue skies and sunshine here in Yorkshire for the last couple of days. The few clouds we had here were a lovely salmon pink tonight: 'Red sky at night is the shepherd's delight,' I hope so, although we really need rain here we're being told.

18. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Northern Irish farmers, having tried to avoid regulation, voted leave but if they have large tariffs on their produce and competition from outside the EU they might vote for a United Ireland and forsake their friends the DUP.

19. helenemdee

helenemdee Occasional commenter

It's not as cold as it has been, and we're getting more daylight. On Tuesday I left work and did not have to put on my car headlights straight away - made a nice change. :)

Lara mfl 05 likes this.