1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Always ill at half term :(

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by lauragillott, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Hi all.

I just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same problem in that they always get ill during the holiday.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my job but look forward to half term but once again I'm ill in bed and am not enjoying the time off like I should be.

I've been working in schools for four years now (I used to be a TA) so you'd think by now I would have built up an immune system but I feel completely wiped out again and emotional about it!

So, I was wondering is there anything that you take that you would recommend that helps?!

I also think that the stress of the job doesn't help so I am going to look into some yoga classes to help me unwind once a week.

Sorry for the rants but I'm at my wits end!

2. I have always fell very ill over the holidays. However, this half term, right in the middle of it, i had a day off sick (very exhausted really) and just lay in bed. I have only had 1 day off so far. This is the first holiday ever that im not ill (yet!). Maybe we just push ourselves too hard during the term. I recommend 1 or 2 resting days in a term so that you can re-fuel. Sounds terrible i know but being very ill all holiday (every holiday) is not good either.