1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Always happens after a school holiday...

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by mossop, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Hmm, I've forgotten my GLOW password. Again.
    Oh well...

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Funny you should say that but it happened to me too on the first day and then,I found out that lots of colleagues same in the same boat. Apparently,it was Glow playing up !

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Ha! Is that all? I'd forhotten my glow and my seemis password.

4. Glow password / seemis password / code to get in the school door / paypal password / pay no and NI no.
    Who am I again?
    Knackered already.
    [​IMG]

5. My password is the same as always, I just forgot which numbers were on the end - I'm the Glow Mentor in my school (which makes this even more daft) and I didn't know you could set a challenge question?!

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Same here! The problem with Glow is that it seems to ask for password to be changed so often that it's very easy to lose track of which number you've have added to password. If you change it and use it everyday,you remember it. As soon as a long holiday come along,you forget if it was 15/16/17 and get locked out. The challenge question doesn't help as it just reminds you of the password but not the number.

7. My numbers are always the month that I set the password, so it's password08/11 for August 2011 - except I couldn't remember what month I set it in and was convinced it was March. Except it was January. So I was locked out... *sigh*
    I'm in now anyway, not that it really matters!

8. Are Glow's security measures not for Child and Data Protection reasons rather than the protection of resources?

9. Sorry to correct you but, answering the challenge question just lets you change your password - it doesn't tell you what your current one is.
    Password Managers I use Roboform which has portable, online and desktop versions, Windows and Mac.

10. I know this might be a controversial opinion but...why not just write it down somewhere?

11. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Fair enough. I assumed it was the type of question designed to remind you of what the password was,such as mother's maiden name or first pet. My point was,most peole remembered that bit but not the number they had chosen.

12. I had no problems with GLOW password - having experienced trouble in the past, I made sure that I tested it at home before returning to work. As it worked fine, I went to school on day one feeling rather smug.
    Then I found that my CC4 access had been disabled and I cant even log in to a computer [​IMG]
    To make matters worse, the ICT guru started two weeks holidays the day before - [​IMG]

13. At least Glow now remembers your incredibly long username!