1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Alton Towers- is it allowed?

Discussion in 'School trips' started by Leigh1999, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Leigh1999

Leigh1999 New commenter

Hi- can anyone help?
    I'm keen to organise a trip for year 12 and 13 after exams have finished as a reward to Alton Towers. Our Head is against having school trips to Alton Towers but I've been told by the Assistant Principal that this is because the county (Cambs) education policy is against trips to theme parks in school time. Is this true? Where would I find this guidance? I have decided to push the point and really resent this as the 6th formers were the ones who asked me to oragnise this...

2. Leigh1999

Leigh1999 New commenter

Hi- can anyone help?
    I'm keen to organise a trip for year 12 and 13 after exams have finished as a reward to Alton Towers. Our Head is against having school trips to Alton Towers but I've been told by the Assistant Principal that this is because the county (Cambs) education policy is against trips to theme parks in school time. Is this true? Where would I find this guidance? I have decided to push the point and really resent this as the 6th formers were the ones who asked me to oragnise this...

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I organise a trip for yr 11 every year to Alton Towers. It is part of their leavers activities.

Some schools/LAs may have a policy on 'educational' visits. I'm sure AT does an education pack. Get a copy and justify the trip using that.

4. Leigh1999

Leigh1999 New commenter

Yes, tried that1 Didn't work.
    He's just anti-Alton Towers and I want him to admit it!

5. v12

v12

They do have stunningly beautiful gardens - couldn't you turn it into a new horticultural club outing!

6. v12

v12

At least you're not a few miles down the A14 in Suffolk. We have to make do with trips to 'Pleasurewood Hills' - a very second-rate and run down theme park. It always looks as if it hasn't seen a lick of paint since the fifties - very grubby.....
    Give me Alton Towers or Drayton Manor any day!

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Just booking mine now £11 per student admission. 1 free adult with every 12 students. Plus they give you two free tickets to be used before the trip to do the risk assessment.