1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Alternative to SWOT analysis

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by staffse, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Dear All
    Does anyone have an interesting alternative to a SWOT analysis that I could do in my Dept meeting on the first day back?? We did a SWOT middle of last year when looking at Dept development plan so I would like to try something a bit different....
    Thanks
    Julie

2. Dear All
    Does anyone have an interesting alternative to a SWOT analysis that I could do in my Dept meeting on the first day back?? We did a SWOT middle of last year when looking at Dept development plan so I would like to try something a bit different....
    Thanks
    Julie

3. Most of these type of analyses are business based and not really suitable for education. After a SWOT analysis many businesses would take this forward and do a SCORE analysis. There is some information about SWOT and SCORE here: http://tetradian.com/download/intro-to-score.pdf

4. In our place we always look at what worked and what could we do better. Nothing fancy. Just be a brain storm from whole dept. Get a pack of two different coloured post-it notes and just get dept staff to write down their random thoughts. A thought per post-it note.....and place on table/board