1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Alternative to Student finance ?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by ladyteezo, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Hi you all,

I was accepted in MLF training at the South West Teacher training in Exeter. I am not eligible to any student finance because I'm French and I've been living in Canada for 3 years. I was wondering if there was any other way I could receive any financial help from another body of the government or from anything else.

Thank you for your help,

L

2. Hi you all,

I was accepted in MLF training at the South West Teacher training in Exeter. I am not eligible to any student finance because I'm French and I've been living in Canada for 3 years. I was wondering if there was any other way I could receive any financial help from another body of the government or from anything else.

Thank you for your help,

L

3. Firstly, I wouldn't have your actual photo as an Avatar on here, you will want to stay anonymous as you don't want to jeapordise your career.
    Secondly, check out this site, you might be eligible for some financial support as you are from the EU: http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/funding/training-in-england/postgraduate-funding.aspx

4. Hi,

Have you looked into a professional and career development loan? I know my colleagueon a PGCE managed to get the loan for her time on the course.

Good Luck :)

5. Waow, thank you so much Rose! i'm definitely gonna check this!

thanks for the solidarity and help!

L

6. Hi Rose,

I hve just checked and you ned to be: ‘settled’ in the UK, and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at
    least the three years prior to the start of your learning programme
    I've been living in Canada for the 3 past years so not working for me,

thanks anyway

L