1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Alternative to Folens "One a week Mental Maths tests" ?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by elizabeth1972, Aug 10, 2011.

1. I use these folens books for a quick SATS-style test once a week. I have the books for Y4, 5 and 6 but I can't find a copy of the Y3 book anywhere! I tracked one down on Amazon, but the seller just emailed me to tell me he doesn't have it in stock anymore.
    Does anyone use a good alternative? They are 10 minute tests, which look a little bit like a SATS mental maths test, but with the questions on the sheet as well as room for answers. It means I can have different groups taking a test all at the same time without me having to read different sets of questions out to them.
    Any ideas would be very gratefully received! [​IMG]

2. I use these folens books for a quick SATS-style test once a week. I have the books for Y4, 5 and 6 but I can't find a copy of the Y3 book anywhere! I tracked one down on Amazon, but the seller just emailed me to tell me he doesn't have it in stock anymore.
    Does anyone use a good alternative? They are 10 minute tests, which look a little bit like a SATS mental maths test, but with the questions on the sheet as well as room for answers. It means I can have different groups taking a test all at the same time without me having to read different sets of questions out to them.
    Any ideas would be very gratefully received! [​IMG]

3. Try these http://www.wiganschoolsonline.net/curriculum/maths/assess.shtm . There are about 16 tests for each year group 1-6.
    They are free too which is always a bonus! I've used them for the last few years and find them very good. They get progressively harder as you are meant to do one every 2 weeks from September.
    Hope that helps!
    Clair

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

5. DFC

DFC New commenter

I've used this one in the past.
    http://www.chalksoft.clara.co.uk/page11.html

6. The Wigan ones are great that Clair mentioned!

7. inq

inq

8. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Just out of interest, how do year 2 respond to these wigan tests? I'm keen to do mental maths tests with them to get them in the habit and speed them up mentally, but don't want to scare them!

9. Brilliant. Thanks to everyone who has suggested a resource - lots for me to look at here!
    [​IMG]

10. THANK YOU for the Topical Resources link. I had used these books in the past and was searching for them to use again, only to be told that they were out of print. Have just ordered them and can use next week. Thanks again!
    [​IMG]

11. mcnaka

mcnaka New commenter

Hi Elizabeth,
    I know this is an old thread now, but are you still after a year 3 book? I have one, but am after a year 4 book. Would you like to swap/trade?