1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Alternative to easyspeak microphones wanted

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by cnevinson, Mar 29, 2012.

1. We have in school
    a set of easyspeak microphones, purchased through Tesco vouchers. I have tried
    to promote the use of them in school and many classes have tried hard to use
    them to develop speaking and listening but the skills needed for operating the
    microphone gets in the ways of the learning. To be frank... they are a waste of
    time... Can anyone recommend a voice recorder / Dictaphone with USB connection
    that is easy to use!

2. I bought some Sanyo ones several years ago - brilliant and save files as mp3 without the need for conversion software. Sanyo seemed to be the only ones to offer mp3....... which can be edited directly in Audacity and most sound editors. 1 AAA rechargeable battery , last for ages.
    Just did a quick search on Amazon - this looks identical
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sanyo-ICR-A181M-PROFESSIONAL-notetaker-MICROPHONE/dp/B00123451Y/ref=sr_1_5?s=officeproduct&ie=UTF8&qid=1333048791&sr=1-5
    10/10 from me, and worth the price too. They do do cheaper versions but you'd have to find & check out the specs yourself.