1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Alternative Provision

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by dolly k, Jan 18, 2016.

1. dolly k

dolly k New commenter

Hi

Can anyone offer advice about the following question 'where do you see alternative provision within the current educational landscape?'

I have to do a presentation on this so any help appreciated

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I think it may help you to clarify your thoughts by offering your perspective initially on the question ? As you say it is your presentation. I suspect more help may be forthcoming if you at least you attempt to come up with some ' answers ' to the question yourself and then invite comments / observations. Then at least colleagues have something to reflect on and respond to.

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Consider reasons why alternative provision might be needed.
    My initial reasons would include learning difficulties, health, physical problems, behaviour, school refusing possibly as a resilt of bullying or the school not meeting their perceived needs.
    Consider whether these are long or short term needs
    What solutions are around - hospital schools, special units within mainstream, special schools, home tutoring. How well do they match the needs of the child and the needs of society?

4. dolly k

dolly k New commenter

Great - thanks for your response! That's really helpful.
    Do you believe that alternative provision does have a place in today's educational landscape?

5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Dearie, dearie me

6. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Would you like someone here to do the presentation for you? Do you have any opinions of your own?

minnie me likes this.