1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

alteration to part time teachers' pay and hours...

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by angelfish1, Sep 12, 2008.

1. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Do your assemblies count as part of your curricular RE time? (Are you a faith school?)
    If they do, then the hours should count towards calculations for both part-time pay and PPA purposes. If not, then they count towards neither.

2. I have tried to insiist on these rules being followed at my school now I'm told by my head don't come in if I have to pay you. And I was refused any training courses and experiencing bullying from my head because she feels it should be all done out of the good of the school and I shouldn't want to be paid according to the rules laid out to protect part time teachers. The system is full of holes and it's shocking what little support there is out there and how an head teacher can be left to run budgets and manage HR when they obviously have no idea how to do it legally and fairly.

3. The rules are not there to protect you. They were established as a national formula because for years different employers were using various methods of calculating p/t teachers pay.
    Your employer is quite within his/her rights not to ask you to work extra hours, though very shortsighted.
    The issue of denying you CPD is different and makes me suggest that you contact your union at regional level at least because you have a right to CPD, I think.
    As in the rest of the world there are good employers and bad, knowledgeable ones and those who are ignorant or careless of the law.