1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Already been offered a place but now have second interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Teacher_Jen, Dec 12, 2011.

1. I already have a place secured for next year on the SCITT course with thames primary consortium however I have just been offered an interview at UEL my first choice on GTTR and PGCE.
    What does everyone think? As I have a place should I just leave it or should I keep my options open? I am happy with my offer currently.

2. I already have a place secured for next year on the SCITT course with thames primary consortium however I have just been offered an interview at UEL my first choice on GTTR and PGCE.
    What does everyone think? As I have a place should I just leave it or should I keep my options open? I am happy with my offer currently.

3. If it was me I'd go. You never know you may prefer it, its probably going to be the most intense 9 months of your life so if you get the chance it's worth exploring other avenues.

4. The only issue is I have to take more time off of work which is not brilliant for me at the moment.
    And as I'm happy with the SCITT course I'm not sure the PGCE is going to be any better for me

5. sparkleshine

sparkleshine New commenter

I suppose it's up to you really - if you accept one you'll have to decline the other. If you're already decided the SCITT is best for you then I wouldn't bother going through the faff of another interview, but if you're unsure then you could always go.

6. Ah, I see. I guess you have to weigh it up. But that puts you back at the point where you wanted advice, sorry to be lame! If you had to choose between a uni based or SCITT in your heart which would you choose? If you can work that out maybe its the answer.

7. sparkleshine

sparkleshine New commenter

I would agree. Although a SCITT is very different so I would have assumed by even applying for a SCITT that the OP was sure they wanted a purely school-based approach to their training.
    Teacher_Jen - only you can decide what's right for you. Hope you make the right choice.

8. I'm going to stick with the SCITT as I have been offered a place and its based in my hometown of essex rather than travelling to London.
    Plus I don't want to have to do another set of tests, an interview etc, because I know I won't be giving it 100% as I already have a secure place.