1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Alphaworkbooks

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by cg906, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Has anybody used the alphaworkbooks - in particular the preparation for AS Maths one. I'm considering using them for students who don't pass the initial test we give them at the start of the course. Are they laid out well? Questions suitable for the Edexcel syllabus? Thanks

2. Has anybody used the alphaworkbooks - in particular the preparation for AS Maths one. I'm considering using them for students who don't pass the initial test we give them at the start of the course. Are they laid out well? Questions suitable for the Edexcel syllabus? Thanks

3. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

Yes, we/ve used them for the past 6 years and then given the students a test based on the book - so if they do the work they can do the test. They have to get 70% on the test, no retakes, otherwise they can't start the course. Others are available, CGP do one, as do Cambridge, but Alpha have always been very efficient and the help in the book is very clear.

4. Thanks. I plan to give them to students who fail the first test, but it sounds as though it would be perfect - although its very hard to know what you're getting without being able to look inside one first!

5. DM

DM New commenter

[​IMG]