1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Alok Sharma tests positive for C-19

Discussion in 'Personal' started by monicabilongame, Jun 3, 2020.

1. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Don’t worry they will dream up another pants wetting drama for tomorrow.

2. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Piscean.

3. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

There was a man on the radio yesterday taking about why there are so many false negatives. He also said that the best approach, if you have any of the symptoms, is to assume that you have Covid-19 even if you test negative, on the grounds that if it looks like Covid-19 then it probably is Covid-19. He explained about the difficulty of getting a good sample, and the differences in the amount of virus present at different stages of the infection.

4. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

In other words, keep the panic going.

5. Norsemaid

Norsemaid Lead commenter

As I reminded my Son who is struggling with anxiety over this , " Other viruses are available "

lexus300 likes this.
  6. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Not at all. He was pointing out that, given the high rate of false negatives, anyone with the symptoms or to consider that they probably have Covid-19 even if they test negative. Otherwise the transmission rate will remain higher than it needs to be.

ajrowing likes this.
  7. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I still think that Rees-Mogg has shown poor judgement in driving the expectation that so many MPs should return so quickly to being physically present in Parliament.

Laphroig and ajrowing like this.
  8. ajrowing

ajrowing Lead commenter

It had been puzzling me, how when we were only testing those in hospital with symptoms that many (most?) of the tests were coming back negative. Your post has helped answer some of that. Thanks.

9. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I am off into the hills and dales today. The further I can get from the CV19 barrage of misery the better. I shall have my breakfast another coffee, fill a flask take a few snacks and I am gone. Starting around 10-30am CV19 does not exist:):):):):)

T34, florian gassmann and ACOYEAR8 like this.