1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Alok Sharma tests positive for C-19

Discussion in 'Personal' started by monicabilongame, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

It will only affect those he was in contact with for 15 minutes or more though.

2. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Very quick :D.

3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Like those standing close to him for 45 minutes each time in those interminable voting queues. The poor man certainly didn't look good. I don't understand why he didn't realise sooner that he was unwell:

[​IMG]

4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Result not confirmed yet.

5. colacao17

colacao17 Senior commenter

They're in a bit of a pickle aren't they?

If he's positive (maybe they will pretend he's not, but if he's positive) they have two options. Carry on as they are, or change what they're doing in an admission that it wasn't safe to go back yet.

6. peakster

peakster Star commenter

What happens if more MPs test positive in the next few days ?

7. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

So, the trial begins before the crime is confirmed.

Kandahar and nomad like this.
  8. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Even if he is not positive - parliament needs to go back to online voting.

jellycowfish, ilovesooty and ajrowing like this.
  9. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

Consider yourself fortunate. Many self employed are unable to avail themselves of said grant.

10. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I'm happy for the self employed who can, but I can't. Nothing to do with not declaring income but to do with not being full time self employed for long enough.

11. baitranger

baitranger Senior commenter

Possibly. The "fifteen minutes" is just a rough guide. It's not a guarantee that five or ten minutes near him is safe. If he happened to sneeze or cough in the general direction of someone six feet away they are at high risk of infection - if he has covid 19.

Jamvic likes this.
  12. baitranger

baitranger Senior commenter

The worst case outcome is death.

13. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Be interesting to see who the tracing scheme tells to self-isolate.

If anyone at all...

#shambles
    #clowns
    #circus

14. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

Nevertheless, we are assured by the man at the top that it will be world-beating. Spare a thought for all the other nations who have had to make do with inferior systems.

idlp56, sodalime, Laphroig and 3 others like this.
  15. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

16. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

The poor man. I hope he gets better.

ilovesooty and nomad like this.
  17. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

I think the next payment is going down to 70%. If my neighbours and everyone else who has from the start and continues to systematically break the lockdown, did as I have done and continue to do we could have the deaths down to under ten per day. But they don't want that.

My neighbours aren't intelligent enough to understand that if their child doesn't die or their grandmother doesn't get ill it doesn't mean somewhere else someone doesn't die and others don't become unwell.

My neighbours are, like millions of other people throughout the world, firmly on the side of the virus. The scales are tipped in their direction as they continue to break the lockdown.

Ironically, I who are keeping the lockdown, am aversely affected by their behaviour because I won't return to work until the infection rate and death rate has stabilised for a period of thirty days minimum.

The death rate is rising again and, although it will take a while longer to see the overall trend, I strongly suspect the infection and death rate to climb dramatically in the next few weeks due to all the people moving around without a care for others.

It would be wonderful if the perpetrators were mown down by the virus. In this way we could just let them carry on in their selfish ways in the knowledge that eventually they would be killed off by the virus.

Sadly, it doesn't work like that.

I had hoped to go back to work on the 6th July as I had decided on 18th March. My overarching period is a clear period and I have strictly adhered to my plan and been out of the house on about five occasions since 18th March.

Due to peoples inability to adhere to lockdown and inability to adhere to social distancing , I can't see I will now be returning to work until, at the earliest 6th October.

It's really strange that in doing everything correctly, I am basically going to be off work for the foreseeable future and possibly permanently.

All thanks to other people!

When the self employed grant ceases I'll click back over to my universal credit claim which is all set up and 'live'.

Right now I think they, because I can't include myself, have rebooted the pandemic and, in light of their inability to adhere to any aspect of lockdown, doused us in death for the foreseeable future.

Dumb species.

18. florian gassmann

I don't understand why he says that, because almost all of the epidemiologists have said that it is pretty much identical to the track and trace systems use in almost every other country.

19. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

As if.

20. florian gassmann

You don't trust epidemiologists?