1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ALN interview - help!

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by freya_g, May 25, 2016.

1. freya_g

freya_g New commenter

I have just been told that I have an interview for the ALN Coordinator on Friday. Having worked in the school for 6 years as an English teacher I am somewhat concerned about what questions to expect. I am familiarizing myself with the SEND Code of Practice but does anyone have any idea what sort of questions I could expect? Many thanks x

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

How would you ensure the staff made reasonable adjustments to their teaching to accommodate inclusion ? How would you define inclusive practice ? What assessment procedures would you have in place to determine who is genuine SEND and who are the recipients of inadequate teaching ? How would you define 'progress ' ? How would you identify the training needs of the staff and how would this inform your action plan ? How would you ensure additional adult support was deployed consistently ? What transferable skills do you have which will impact on the leadership and management of SEND ? How would you evaluate the impact of your provision ? I could go on ...With respect anyone can familiarise themselves with the CoP. Look at the SENCO standards - this may help you get a handle on what a coordinating role may demand. Good Luck