1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Almost a month soooo fed up

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by ClareBear17, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Just a quick post to see if anyone in the Manchester area has had any work. I am with Connex and have not had anything this term whatsoever. Have last week signed up with Randstad as they seemed pretty certain they would have work for me.... but so far nothing its soul destroying.

2. Just a quick post to see if anyone in the Manchester area has had any work. I am with Connex and have not had anything this term whatsoever. Have last week signed up with Randstad as they seemed pretty certain they would have work for me.... but so far nothing its soul destroying.

3. I'm sorry thats the case clarebear17. It all just depends how far you are willing to travel for the agency. I'm Manchester based through one of your agencies and get my calls from another office, but with work mainly in Manchester. They're likely to offer me more work up to 40 mins away, rather than close by and I have a car!! Before christmas I didn't do much teaching work, but since then I have done mainly teaching an everyday.

I would make a call to the agency and put your case forward again, I pestered mine with "the bank are pressuring me" issues, but you may have to bite the bullet and say you could not always do teaching work, IMO this helps and they are likely to put you forward for more work, even if it is not always teaching, it is money. I'm sorry if this doesn't help

4. I know yes they do want you to travel I did a year travelling to Wirral everyday so they know thats not a problem for me as I drive too. I have said this and have managed to get one day on wednesday but its just really getting me down now. I dont mind travelling at all, but they made out there was loads of work and now they are saying no there isnt now.

5. I'm sorry this is the case :( . Its rubbish, but unforunately not unusual, as supply is getting less and less frequent

6. I too work for Ranstad but I have been lucky to be covering a teacher from start of term in jan until further notice. Had I of not got this work then I would probably be struggling. I would love to be able to say that it'll pick up but supply work is gradually disappearing :(

7. I think the R word is probably a clue in this equation. Bunch of bullshitters who know no bounds in deceiving staff/schools. No loyalty, no decent business practice, basically cunits in suits.