1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Allo Vera. Anyone watch her?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Spanakopita, May 1, 2011.

1. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

This is a new detective drama in which Brenda Blethyn dressed as a bag lady is a chief inspector who seems slightly unhinged. I found it rather unconvincing.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

This is a new detective drama in which Brenda Blethyn dressed as a bag lady is a chief inspector who seems slightly unhinged. I found it rather unconvincing.

3. A lot of Wallender type outdoor scenes. Moody, atmospheric .Bleak with lots of dramatic sky.

4. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

I watched it. Bring back Lewis.

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Liked the distinctive wide-angled camerawork, but lost the plot and didn't really care who the murderer was by the end.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Who WAS the murderer? I must confess I missed half an hour of it in the middle but I didn't recognise the man in the caves or whatever who had captured the girl and I lost the plot early on.

7. He was one of the four botanist/bird watchers...the one that gave Doctor thingy the hand drawn copy of the polaroid photograph.

8. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Did not like it at all. I love this actress but did not like the character she played. As for the actual murder mystery,there was no real mystery,it was just a matter of which guy out the the four had done it. Maybe it will get better but it's not grabbing me for now.

9. catmother

catmother Star commenter

The scenery was great,that it true.

10. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

I opted for Exile at 9.00pm on the BBC. I thought it was rather good and will watch the second part (of three) tonight. I then enjoyed Andrew Lloyd-Webber's programme on the Pre-Raphaelites - as much for what I leant about him as a person (even odder than I had imagined) as I did the movement itself.

11. Exile is being saved for a back to back session.
    A two nighter on ITV tonight and tomorrow.

12. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

Good thinking!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

They were all much of a muchness to me.

14. catmother

catmother Star commenter

He was the quiet one who had put his mother in a care home after caring for her for years.

15. TBH we did not even watch it ... the ads made it look ****

16. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I used to live there ...well within walking distance

17. I think its not that bad really...ok its not immensely challenging for BB to play a hard nosed chief from tyneside but its still watchable.

18. if anything what annoys or irritates me is the constant ad breaks...

19. just as I'm getting into it it suddenly stops for the ads and once again we are subjected to the tiresome mobile phone and fancy car ads...really fed up of those things.

20. I had really high hopes what with Brenda being the lead but its awful.
    Is it taken from a book series? It might read better than watching ........?
    Last nights plot was plain stupid.