1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Allo, 'Allo - it's Yasmin Alibhai-Brown!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

vinnie24 and blazer like this.
  2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Vicky Michelle still looks good OOOOOOOH Rene!!!!!!!!!!!

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  3. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Where is the Madonna with ze Big Boobies? :)

4. Vince_Ulam

She fell!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    blazer and EmanuelShadrack like this.
  5. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Good moaning everybody..I was [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions] by the door, when I heard two shats. You are holding in your hand a smoking goon; you are clearly the guilty potty. Now you are up the Crick without a piddle. Please to [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions] a glass of rude wine, René.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2018
    Laphroig, lala24, blazer and 6 others like this.
  6. maggie m

maggie m Senior commenter

What a mistaka to maka. I saw some old reruns on a cable channel recently. It is still funny.

7. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Many old sitcoms are

Many modern ones are not.

blazer and monicabilongame like this.
  8. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Last night, Lieutenant Gruber arrived with the paintings of the Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies by Van Klomp and the Cracked Vase With The Big Daisies by Van Gogh.

There were four forgeries and two originals which he had cleverly concealed, once again, inside knockwurst sausages.

Unfortunately, these sausages became confused with four sausages containing dynamite, four sausages containing submarine batteries and eight Italian salami sausages containing garlic.

All of these sausage are now down the trousers of Colonel von Strohm and Lieutenant Gruber.

Except for two which are in the buttoned-up bosom of the already well-endowed Helga, the Colonel's secretary.

Sooner or later, something has got to give and I do not want to be there when it happens.

Quick! Pass the wet celery and the flying helmet!

9. Vince_Ulam

NB: Nobody make fun of the Nazis! We are not allowed to make fun of the Nazis!

PS: Make fun of the Nazis!

blazer likes this.
  10. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I always likened myself to Officer Crabtree......

blazer likes this.
  11. notrevlim

notrevlim Established commenter

At an auction tomorrow, there are several lots of Nazi memorabilia, including a bust of Hitler. Why would anyone want a bust of Hitler?

12. Vince_Ulam

I would assume not to admire the man or his deeds.

13. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

It looks as if it is very highly stylized, so as an example of 1930's German art deco.........

[​IMG]

14. notrevlim

Or maybe for that reason. There seems to be a resurgence of interest in the far right. A SS dagger of the period ‘might’ have historic interest. A replica?

15. notrevlim

There are a regular stream of such items.

16. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

The thing about the Germans in the series is that none of them were Nazis really. Even Herr Flick of the Gestapo didn't truly have his heart in it, despite his uncle.

And, of course, that is the point. The equivalent characters in the prototype "Secret Army" drama were real Nazis and there was no way the show could have been made funny if that characteristic had been kept.

Nanook_rubs_it likes this.
  17. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

True, but I think there is a delineation to be made between things that exemplify or edify the Nazis creed and things which were simply made during that period.

SS stuff is a case in point given the terrible history of that organisation.

18. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

The news from Germany might indicate otherwise.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45330168

German police have opened 10 cases against far-right protesters who gave the illegal Hitler salute during unrest in Chemnitz on Monday.

About 6,000 people took part in the far-right demonstration and 1,000 in a rival anti-fascist rally, police said.

The far-right groups marched in the eastern city after a German man died in a fight involving foreigners on Sunday.

The swastika and other Nazi symbols are banned in Germany. The law prescribes a fine or jail term for the Nazi salute.

It remains unclear what triggered Sunday's fight in which the 35-year-old man, named only as Daniel H, was fatally stabbed.

Two young men - a Syrian and an Iraqi - are in custody, suspected of stabbing him.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel again condemned the far-right protests, in which several foreigners were chased and injured by violent participants. "Hate in the streets," she said, "has nothing to do with our constitutional state".

19. Vince_Ulam

20. Nanook_rubs_it

Nanook_rubs_it Star commenter

[This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2018